The former First Capital Fibers building, 256 W. King St. in York, is being demolished this week to make way for a new school.
The Logos Academy plans to begin construction on a 42,000-square-foot building in late July. The new school will house about 300 students in kindergarten through eighth grade.
The new school will incorporate a historic tower from the former building. The tower was built in 1882 by John C. Fallon and was the home of several recycling business. The property was also once home to a cattle stockyard.