Police say a 20-year-old Hanover man kidnapped a 15-year-old girl, raped her and held her captive in his basement for two days.

The Conewago Township, Adams County, girl's mother used her daughter's MySpace account to find out who she had been talking to, went to the house of Jeffrey Wayne McWilliams of the 300 block of South Street, then called police, who found the girl in a padlocked basement, according to charging documents.

McWilliams is charged with one count each of rape, sexual assault, unlawful restraint, false imprisonment, unlawful contact with a minor, kidnapping, corruption of minors, two counts of aggravated indecent assault and four counts of indecent assault. He is being held at Adams County Prison in lieu of $100,000 bail and on a probation detainer.

The girl told Conewago Township Police she met McWilliams on Sept. 25 on MySpace and that she and a friend called him that night for a ride home from the movies, according to court documents. McWilliams arrived and took the two girls back to his house for ice cream and to watch a movie.

About 1:30 a.m., the girls said they needed to go home, but the 15-year-old found herself to be locked out of her residence so she returned to the South Street home, police said.

She told police she fell asleep around 5 a.m. in the basement and awoke around 6 a.m. McWilliams then allegedly came downstairs and kissed her, according to court documents.

McWilliams took off her clothes and his own, even as she told him "no," police said.


At one point, McWilliams told her that he did not like the word "no," according to court documents. Police said McWilliams raped her. The girl was able to get away and ran out of the residence, but McWilliams caught her and brought her back, telling her she could not leave, according to court documents.

McWilliams told the girl he had a friend who was a police officer who would tie her down if she tried to leave, police said.

He got a steak knife and held it to his neck, saying he would cut himself if she refused sex again, according to court documents. He said he would stab her in the arm if she tried to use her phone.

McWilliams left the home Sept. 27 to fix a friend's computer, and told her she could not leave, police said. When she was alone in the basement, McWilliams hung a padlock on the lock so she was unable to escape, police said.

While downstairs, the girl was allowed to use McWilliams' computer, police said. Before McWilliams came home, the girl sent a message asking that her mother come get her, police said.

When the girl's mother discovered she wasn't home at 11 p.m. Sept. 25, she drove around Hanover looking for her, according to court documents. The mother later logged onto her daughter's MySpace account and found she had been speaking to McWilliams. She looked up his address and went to the house.

When the mother confronted McWilliams on Sept. 27, police said, he ran into the house and locked the door. She called Hanover Police, who went into the residence and found the girl in the basement, according to court documents.

On Sept. 30, the girl and her mother reported the incident to Conewago Township Police. After meeting with the family, Conewago Township Police Detective William Hartlaub logged onto the girl's MySpace account and pretended to be her while speaking with McWilliams, police said.

McWilliams allegedly discussed running away together, the fact that she was no longer a virgin, and that he had not been with any other 15 year olds, according to court documents.

Police took McWilliams into custody Oct. 7. There, he admitted to the rape and apologized, police said.